EXTON, Pa., July 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (NYSE: WST), a global leader in innovative solutions for injectable drug delivery, recently released its 2021 Corporate Responsibility Report, which reports on environmental aspects , social and governance (ESG) performance in 2021.
It’s West’s 6e annual corporate responsibility report and highlights the past year’s ESG successes, including progress on environmental sustainability, diversity and inclusion goals, and successes around the company’s philanthropic efforts. ‘company. It also highlights some of the recognition it has received for its ESG performance, including being named one of Barron’s Top 100 Most Sustainable Companies, the Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year Pharmaceutical Industry Awards at Irelandand a Silver Stevie Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
“At West, we are driven by our goal to improve the lives of patients. We know that to effectively fulfill this goal, we must consider our broader corporate responsibilities to the wide range of stakeholders we serve” , said Eric M. Green, President, CEO and Chairman of the Board. “Much of our long-term success can be attributed to our focus on building a diverse team, putting quality first, operating with integrity, giving back to our communities, managing our environmental footprint and taking care of the health and safety of our team members – all of these things combined make for a more successful company today and in the future.”
Here are some of the key highlights of 2021:
- Changes to ESG governance, including creation of an ESG Steering Committee, new focus areas for the future and additional oversight by West’s Board of Directors
- Global waste to landfill for all Western manufacturing sites continued to improve, with 85% of global waste diverted from landfill, up from 77% the previous year
- Water and energy intensity ratios have improved over the previous year, meaning less energy and water is used for each product produced
- 64% of West’s leadership team are women and/or minority Americans
- 7 of West’s manufacturing sites had zero recordable safety incidents in 2021
- Total employee giving increased by 72% over 2020
- Team member donations to West’s annual global food drive increased 56% over the prior year
In addition to the Corporate Responsibility Report, West also provides transparency in disclosure by aligning with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Index and the Group Working Group on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
Please read the Full CR report here to learn more about West’s commitment to ESG.
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading provider of innovative, high quality injectable solutions and services. As a trusted partner to established and emerging drug developers, West helps ensure the safe and effective containment and delivery of life-saving, life-enhancing drugs to patients. With approximately 10,000 team members in 50 locations worldwide, West helps customers deliver more than 45 billion components and devices each year.
Based in Exton, Pennsylvania, and in business for nearly a century, West in its 2021 fiscal year generated $2.83 billion in net sales. West is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: WST) and is a constituent of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index. For more information, visit www.westpharma.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks used in this release are the property of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. or its subsidiaries, in the United States and other jurisdictions, unless otherwise noted.
SOURCEWest Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.