WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) — UNCW men’s basketball coach Takayo Siddle will earn at least $500,000 in each of the next five years after signing a contract extension last month.
According to the contract addendum, Siddle will continue to earn $300,000 in base salary in each of the five years. But he will see an increase in his salary supplement to $200,000 a year during the term of the contract, which runs until March 31, 2027.
Under the previous contract, Siddle earned $75,000 in extra income in his first year with the Seahawks with incremental raises of $25,000.
He can also earn bonuses for the following achievements:
- $5,000 for an annual APR score above 960.
- $25,000 for each NCAA postseason tournament game played. (An increase of $10,000 from the previous amount)
- $15,000 for a CAA regular season championship, including a first place tie. (An increase of $5,000 from the previous amount)
- $15,000 for an NIT at-large offer.
- $25,000 for a CAA Tournament Championship.
- $15,000 for a clear top-60 finish in the NCAA at the time of drafting Sunday.
- $5,000 for 2,000 subscriptions sold or $10,000 for 2,500 subscriptions sold.
After leading the Seahawks to a 7-10 record in his first season, Siddle guided the team to a 27-9 record last season, culminating in a CBI championship.
Copyright 2022 WECT. All rights reserved.