DUBLIN, September 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Report “Global Sterile Medical Packaging Market Report 2022, By Material, By Type, By Application” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global sterile medical packaging market is expected to grow from $38.61 billion in 2021 for $42.7 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6%. The market is expected to grow to reach $60.2 billion in 2026 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9%.
The increased prevalence of infectious diseases and viruses has led to an increase in the demand for sterile medical packaging to avoid contamination, is expected to contribute to the growth of the market. Infectious diseases are caused by infectious agents and can be transmitted from one person or animal to another. According to the WHO, in April 2021, globally, 150 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported and 3.1 million deaths. The increase in the number of infectious disease cases has increased the demand for the sterile medical packaging market.
Strict regulations regarding specifications and materials used by companies in the manufacture of sterile medical packaging are expected to restrain the market growth. Compliance with regulations is essential because the slightest defect in the packaging can contaminate the product and endanger the life of a patient. For example, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has established several sterilization validation standards such as the ISO 11137 consensus standard for radiation validation. Such standards require specialized skills, resources, money and time, which limits the growth of sterile medical packaging.
Environmentally friendly packaging is an emerging trend in the sterile medical packaging market. Concerned about the growth of waste and plastic pollution of the oceans, medical product manufacturing companies are adopting future sustainable business practices and are interested in using renewable and recyclable packaging materials. Several pharmaceutical companies are turning to environmentally friendly sterile packaging to achieve their sustainability goals.
For example, in January 2021AstraZeneca has launched a sustainability plan worth $1 billion which has several sustainable packaging initiatives underway to reduce carbon footprint by 2030. In September 2021Johnson & Johnson’s consumer healthcare division invests $800 million until 2030 towards the adoption of future sustainable packaging solutions.
1) By material: plastics; Glass; Metal; paper and cardboard; Other materials
2) By Type: Thermoformed Trays; Sterile bottles and containers; Sterile closures; pre-fillable inhalers; pre-fillable syringes; vials and ampoules; Blister and shells; bags and pouches; wraps; Other types
3) By application: pharmaceutical and biological; Surgical and medical instruments; in vitro diagnostic products; medical implants; Other Apps
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of the Sterile Medical Packaging Market
3. Sterile Medical Packaging Market Size and Growth
4. Sterile Medical Packaging Market Segmentation
5. Regional and Country Analysis of Medical Sterile Packaging Market
6. Asia-Pacific Sterile Medical Packaging Market
7. China Sterile Medical Packaging Market
8. Indian Sterile Medical Packaging Market
9. Japan Sterile Medical Packaging Market
10. Australian Sterile Medical Packaging Market
11. Indonesia Sterile Medical Packaging Market
12. South Korea Sterile Medical Packaging Market
13. Western Europe Sterile Medical Packaging Market
14. UK Sterile Medical Packaging Market
15. German Sterile Medical Packaging Market
16. France Sterile Medical Packaging Market
17. Eastern Europe Sterile Medical Packaging Market
18. Russian Sterile Medical Packaging Market
19. North America Sterile Medical Packaging Market
20. UNITED STATES Sterile Medical Packaging Market
21. South America Sterile Medical Packaging Market
22. Brazil Sterile Medical Packaging Market
23. Middle East Sterile Medical Packaging Market
24. Africa Sterile Medical Packaging Market
25. Medical Sterile Packaging Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
26. Key mergers and acquisitions in the medical sterile packaging market
27. Sterile Medical Packaging Market Trends and Strategies
28. Medical Sterile Packaging Market Future Prospects and Potential Analysis
- Amcor Limited
- DuPont De Nemours and Company
- 3M Company
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- Oliver Healthcare Packaging LLC
- Placon Corporation
- Oracle packaging
- Riverside Medical Packaging Company Ltd.
- Wipak Group
- Steripack Ltd.
- Techinipaq Inc.
- GS Medical Packaging Inc.
- Sonoco Product Company
- Nelipak packaging for health
- Janco INC.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/30hn3x
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets