DUBLIN – (BUSINESS WIRE) – October 21, 2021–
The pharmaceutical isolators market was valued at 5,966.07 million in 2021 and is expected to reach 10,560.30 million US dollars by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2021 to 2028.
The growth of the pharmaceutical isolators market is attributed to factors such as increased investments by the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and a regulatory framework to support the adoption of pharmaceutical isolators. However, the market is likely to be affected by the high cost involved in the operation and maintenance of pharmaceutical isolators.
A pharmaceutical isolator is a device that keeps a pharmaceutical process or activity isolated from the operator and the rest of the world. This may be for the purpose of protecting a process or activity from microbiological and / or non-viable contamination caused by the operator and the surrounding environment by creating an environment classified as clean or classified as aseptic. This is called product protection. In addition, it can be used to protect the operator and the surrounding environment from hazards resulting from the process or activity. This is called âoperator protectionâ or âcontainmentâ.
A pharmaceutical isolator provides a sterile environment superior to that of conventional clean rooms. Positive or negative pressures inside the chamber prevent contamination due to operator interference. It ensures lasting sterility in accordance with pharmaceutical regulations relating to the manufacture of sterile medical products. What’s more, most experts agree that regulators no longer hinder advancements in technologies such as pharmaceutical isolators. The guidelines established by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency for isolators play an important role in the adoption of isolators from clean rooms. The FDA mentions isolators 55 times in its latest guideline for manufacturing in an aseptic environment.
A well-designed positive pressure isolator, supported by proper procedures for its maintenance, monitoring and controls, offers significant advantages over traditional aseptic processing, including less risk of microbial contamination during processing. Additionally, the FDA recognizes the withdrawal of operators in critical areas of pharmaceutical manufacturing, which should propel the adoption of pharmaceutical isolators in the years to come. Trend analysis shows an increasing number of pharmaceutical facilities using isolator technology in the United States. In 1998, only 84 facilities were equipped with aseptic filling in isolators. This number increased to 174 establishments in 2000, 201 in 2002 and 258 in 2004. The growth in the number of establishments offering aseptic treatment is linked to the growth in the production of high potency drugs. Therefore, a favorable regulatory framework will increase the adoption of pharmaceutical isolators and subsequently stimulate the market.
The COVID-19 pandemic has become the biggest challenge around the world. It has disrupted various trades and businesses around the world. However, the pandemic has brought several growth opportunities for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies to strengthen their research and development of innovative vaccines against the novel coronavirus. Companies are conducting clinical trials to curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Thus, the increase in clinical trials will lead to vital opportunities for pharmaceutical isolator suppliers for biopharmaceutical companies.
- Gain and reduce the time required to conduct entry-level research by identifying growth, size, leading players and segments of the Pharmaceutical Isolator Market.
- Highlights key business priorities to help companies realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global Pharmaceutical Isolator Market, thereby enabling value chain players to develop effective long term strategies.
- Develop / modify business expansion plans using a substantial growth offering in developed and emerging markets.
- Take an in-depth look at the global market trends and outlook associated with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Improve the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin security with respect to customer products, segmentation, pricing, and distribution.
- Increased investments by the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
- Regulatory framework to support the adoption of pharmaceutical isolators
- High cost involved in the operation and maintenance of pharmaceutical isolators
- Growth of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries in emerging economies
- Adoption of automation in pharmaceutical isolator
- ITECO SRL
- Schematic engineering industries
- Nuaire inc.
- Getinge AB
- Hosokawa Micron Group
- Fedegari Autoclavi SpA
- Azbil Telstar
- Gelman Singapore
- Bioquell (Ecolab Solution)
Laura Wood, Senior Press Director
For EST office hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 21/10/2021 09:44 / DISC: 21/10/2021 09:44
Copyright Business Wire 2021.