DUBLIN, December 13, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Global pharmaceutical drug distribution market by administration route (oral, injectors, implantable, syrups, gels, pulmonary, solutions, tablets, syringes), application (cancer, diabetes), facility of use (hospitals), COVID impact -19 – forecast to 2026 “ the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global pharmaceutical drug delivery market is expected to reach $ 2,206.5 billion by 2026 from $ 1,656.9 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period.
The growth of the pharmaceutical drug delivery market can be largely attributed to such factors as the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, the growth of the biologics market, the increase in R&D investments, technological advancements and new launches. products.
On the other hand, the risk of needle stick injuries and increased pressure on prices are expected to limit the growth of the market to some extent in the coming years.
Topical Drug Delivery Segment Expected To Grow At The Highest CAGR During Forecast Period
Based on the route of administration, the pharmaceutical drug delivery market is segmented into oral, pulmonary, injectable, ocular, nasal, topical, implantable, and transmucosal drug delivery.
The topical drug delivery segment had the highest CAGR in the pharmaceutical drug delivery market. This can be attributed to convenience and ease of use, ease of dosing, painless and non-invasive administration, and improved patient compliance.
Infectious Disease Segment Expected to Account for Largest Share of Pharmaceutical Drug Delivery Market
Based on the applications, the pharmaceutical drug delivery market is segmented into cancer, infectious disease, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory disease, central nervous system disorder, autoimmune disease, and other applications. In 2020, the infectious disease segment accounted for the largest share of the pharmaceutical drug delivery market.
The large share of this market segment can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases across the world, the increase in R&D spending on new drugs due to the current COVID-19 pandemic scenario and the growing number FDA approvals for these drugs.
Asia Pacific is expected to represent the highest CAGR for players operating in the pharmaceutical drug delivery market
During the forecast period, the Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market for pharmaceutical drug delivery.
The rapid increase in the geriatric population, the increased prevalence of chronic diseases, the increase in healthcare expenditure, the increase in R&D activities carried out in this region, the growth of technological collaborations for pharmaceutical drug delivery technologies , favorable repayment policies and disposable income growth in emerging Asian economies, such as China and India, are factors which are expected to drive the growth of the APAC market during the forecast period.
This report provides information on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive insight into the product portfolios offered by the major players in the global pharmaceutical drug delivery market. The report analyzes this market by administration, application, and ease of use.
- Solution Improvement / Innovation: Detailed insight into upcoming trends and product launches in the global pharmaceutical drug delivery market
- Market Development: Comprehensive insight into lucrative emerging markets by administration, applications and ease of use
- Market Diversification: Comprehensive insights into new product enhancements, growing geographies, recent developments and investments in the global Pharmaceutical Drug Delivery Market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, product offerings, competitive leadership mapping, and capabilities of the major players in the global pharmaceutical drug delivery market.
Main topics covered:
- Market dynamics
- Market factors
- Increased prevalence of chronic diseases
- Growth of the organic products market
- Technological advances and new product launches
- Increase investments in pharmaceutical R&D
- Market constraints
- Risk of needle stick injuries
- Market opportunities
- Self-administration and home care
- Growing demand for biosimilars and biologics
- Market challenges
- Price pressure
- Impact of COVID-19 on the pharmaceutical drug delivery market
- Industry trends
- Growing adoption of wearable drug delivery technologies
- Advances in Technologies and Designs
- Regulatory Analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- The bargaining power of buyers
- Intensity of competitive rivalry
- Value chain analysis
- Ecosystem mapping
- Trends / disruptions affecting customer activities
- Patent analysis
- Patent Publication Trends for Pharmaceutical Drug Delivery Technologies
- Outlook: analysis of the jurisdiction and the main candidates
Pharmaceutical Drugs Delivery Market, By Administration
Pharmaceutical Drugs Delivery Market, By Application
Pharmaceutical Drugs Delivery Market, By Ease of Use
Pharmaceutical Drugs Delivery Market, By Region
- Abbvie inc.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Antares Pharma, Inc.
- Astrazeneca plc
- Bayer AG
- Becton, Dickinson and company
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Boston Scientific Society
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly and company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Genmab A / S
- Gerresheimer AG
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Ideaya Biosciences, Inc.
- Johnson & johnson
- Kite Pharma
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Nimbus Therapeutics
- Novartis International AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/exmyar
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets